Download printable version
We wish to appoint an ambitious and dynamic Learning Support Assistant (SEND) to work 1:1 with a pupil who has significant learning needs. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join us, where you can make a real and lasting difference.
We would welcome applications from people who have experience in the following, although training would be available for the right candidates:
· Cognition & Learning
· Language & Social Interaction
· Autistic Spectrum Disorder
· Social Communication Difficulties
· Sensory Processing
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed applicant who:
· has experience of working with children (essential) ideally supporting an individual child with specific needs in class, small groups and in 1:1 situations
· has English and Maths Grade C GCSE or equivalent (essential)
· Has NVQ Level 2
· is firm, kind, patient, consistent and approachable
· is friendly - ready to join in and engage with learning with the children
At Chigwell Primary Academy is a Good school and we offer:
· Enthusiastic and supportive staff
· An excellent school ethos
· Polite, happy and well behaved children
Please note that applicants should carefully identify how their attributes and experience match the job description when completing their supporting statement.
To apply, please complete our application form attached or find it on our website www.chigwellprimaryacademy.co.uk
Position: Learning Support Assistant (Special Educational Needs)
Salary: £18,065- £18,795 pa, pro rata (Essex NJC SCP 3 to 5)
Hours: 25 hours per week - Monday-Friday 8.45-3pm (15 minute break and 1 hour lunch)
Start Date: ASAP
Fixed- term contract: Until 31/08/2022 (or duration pupil is at the school)
Closing date: Monday 23rd September 2019
Interviews: Friday 27th September 2019
Information about the School
Chigwell Primary Academy is part of the REAch2 Academy Trust school is situated in the historic village of Chigwell in Essex and benefits greatly from its semi-rural location.
Chigwell Primary Academy aims to be a place where every child can succeed. It is a school where high expectations, personalised learning and a positive atmosphere create an environment where all talents are recognised and built upon; all members of the community are valued and feel proud and happy to belong.