Download printable version
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our Academy in the role of Attendance and Family Support Officer to support our children and their families across our school.
Working with our children, families and staff to overcome barriers, you will help to ensure that all children are able to attend school and achieve their full potential. As part of this role, the successful candidate will also liaise with the Local Authority Early Help team and other outside agencies.
Working together, you will make sure the academy achieves its attendance targets.
· Monitor whole school attendance, persistent absence and punctuality
· Contact parents when children are absent from school
· Identify children and families who need support with attendance
· Hold meetings with parents and children to discuss and improve attendance
· Work with families to overcome barriers to attendance
· Liaise between home and school in order to provide support where necessary
· Meet with the Local Authority Early Help team weekly to discuss attendance and further support for some families.
· Maintain excellent records, tracing attendance
· Prepare reports as needed on different aspects of school attendance and punctuality
This post will require an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Information about the School
Porters Grange Primary School and Nursery is part of Portico Academy Trust.
Portico Academy Trust aspires to be at the heart of the local communities it serves. We aim to deliver to local families an excellent primary education and create new opportunities for our pupils.
Set in the heart of the community, Porters Grange Primary School offers a welcoming environment that provides a rich curriculum, where children can enjoy learning and where achievement in all aspects of life is celebrated.