Download printable version
ST HELENA SCHOOL
TEACHER OF ENGLISH (MATERNITY COVER)
Pay Range: Teachers Main Pay Scale £23,720-£35,008 (Point M1 - M6)
Start Date: 1st January 2020 (or sooner if possible)
We are looking to appoint an outstanding and inspirational Teacher of English.
This post will be Maternity Cover in the first instance, with a view to becoming a permanent position.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· Be fully qualified to teach through the secondary range for Key Stages 3 & 4
· Demonstrate an enthusiasm for the subject which will inspire student progress
· Demonstrate a capacity to design materials that are differentiated and will engage students in the learning process
· Experience of IT and a willingness to use it to plan and teach lessons
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Teaching within the subject area in Key Stages 3 and 4
· Ability to plan and teach effectively using a variety of strategies
· Excellent interpersonal skills with both adults and children
Why work for The Sigma Trust, St Helena School?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com quoting reference number 154. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Tuesday 29th September 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Information about the School
St Helena School, part of the Sigma Trust, is a highly-regarded 11-16 co-educational Academy, recognised as Good by Ofsted in 2014 and now on a journey to Outstanding. Located on 17 acres in historic Colchester, the school has a fine blend of traditional and modern facilities and opened a £2.5m new Science block in 2015, and a £2.5m all weather pitch facility in February 2016.
On 1 September 2016, the school joined The Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools with The Stanway School, The Thomas Lord Audley School, Clacton County High School, Monkwick Junior School and Monkwick Infants School and Nursery. Working in collaboration with all the schools within The Sigma Trust, St Helena has developed and enhanced its development of outstanding professional practice.