Download printable version
Are you ready for the challenge?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a good, expanding school and be part of the drive to outstanding.
We are looking for an AHT whose responsibilities will include:
- Safeguarding (DSL)
- Behaviour and attitudes
- Personal development and pupil well-being
- Oversight of a subject area and key stage, based on experience and expertise
We can offer you:
- A professional, supportive and friendly environment where we work effectively as a team
- Great pupils who are eager to learn
- Committed staff and a supportive Trust
- Opportunities to work with pupils across primary and secondary phases who have a range of learning difficulties
- Opportunities to develop leadership and management skills supported by a commitment to continuous professional development
- Opportunities to work with a range of partnership schools both inside and outside of the Trust, from EYFS to Post 16 and across a range of SEN
We are seeking a candidate who:
- Is a dynamic and inspirational leader
- Has proven experience of leadership in mainstream or special schools including leading teams, monitoring teaching and learning and with experience of leading improvement and raising standards successfully
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner
- Has experience in a safeguarding role
- Inspires, motivates and communicates well with pupils, staff, parents and carers
- Is committed to achievement for all
- Has ambition, energy and enthusiasm
- Has skills that will enhance those of the current leadership team
- Has a sense of fun, enjoyment and resilience
- Is flexible and welcomes change
An application pack can be downloaded from the school website www.kingswodehoe.essex.sch.uk
Applications will only be accepted on the SEAX Trust application form.
You are stronglyencouraged to visitour school prior to application.
Information about the School
Kingswode Hoe is a special school for pupils with complex learning difficulties. We take pupils aged between 5 and 16 (Y1 - Y11) living in the Colchester area. All pupils are admitted to the school by the Statutory Assessment team of Essex Local Authority based at Essex House in Colchester. We are currently funded for 125 places.