Download printable version
Apprentice IT Technician
Salary Grade: Apprenticeship Rate
Full time/Part time: Full time (37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
Location: You will be required to work across all schools within the Sigma Trust.
To provide assistance/support to the IT Department, teaching, Support staff and pupils. To be responsible for the general maintenance of all school IT equipment.
The ICT team provides a professional, customer focused service to all of its users. This role is for a pivotal member of the ICT Team providing ICT services.
• To replenish paper and toners for classroom printers.
• To ensure that all computer screens are cleaned on a regular basis.
• To check the IT equipment in classrooms at the start of each day to ensure everything is in good working order.
• To assist with the installation of software.
• To update documentation as appropriate.
• To check Student Laptops daily, repairing any simple faults or reporting more complicated faults to their line manager or senior
• technician as appropriate.
• To assist and support staff and students with IT related matters or reporting more complicated issues to their line manager or a senior technician.
Closing date: 18th September 2019
To apply for this post, please follow this link to apply via Colchester Institute https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-464607.
For more details about the role, please see the attached Job Description or Person Specification.
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. For more information regarding The Sigma Trust, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk.