Download printable version
Catering and Caretaking Staff
To be part of a team of midday assistants (MDAs), ensuring the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils during the midday break, in accordance with school policy, and under the direction of the Headteacher.
· To ensure there is adequate supervision of pupils in all areas of the school building and grounds where pupils are permitted access during the midday break.
· To alert the Headteacher (or nominated member of staff) to any concerns regarding an individual child or group of children.
· To enforce the necessary sanctions for maintaining good order.
· To ensure minor accidents are dealt with and to report any serious incident to the Headteacher at the earliest opportunity.
· To administer basic first aid as necessary.
· To be responsible for the safe return of all pupils to the care of the teachers at the end of the midday break.
· To attend relevant training and meetings as requested.
· To ensure that confidential information relating to pupils and the school is respected by the midday team.
· To understand and ensure the application of school policies in relation to health, safety, welfare and behaviour of pupils.
· To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace
· Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the School's Equal Opportunities Policy
· The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Information about the School
Buckhurst Hill Community Primary School is a friendly and welcoming two form entry Primary School situated in the leafy suburb of Buckhurst Hill with good transport links to Epping and London. We pride ourselves as being at the heart of our community.