Download printable version
52.14 weeks per year, 37 hours per week (23 days annual leave not including Bank Holidays) across 5 days, Monday to Friday, but occasionally may include some evening and weekend work which will be paid on an overtime basis. Please note this is a split shift.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and caring person to work as our Caretaker/Site Manager. This is a highly valued and responsible position and it is essential that the successful candidate can demonstrate the following qualities:
- A firm commitment to our school and its appearance and presentation
- Skilled in DIY to be able to make repairs, carry out general maintenance ie plumbing and decorating
- Energetic, pro-active and able to use your initiative
- Understanding and the implementation of Health and Safety and security procedures as required by legislation
- Able to manage cleaning staff and liaise with contractors to include obtaining quotes for works etc
- A good standard of written English/ICT skills will be required as accurate record keeping forms part of this role
- Reporting to the Governing Board on premises matters
Duties will also include locking and unlocking of the premises, being a primary key holder, attending call-outs, maintaining stocks of cleaning materials. Relevant training will be available including PAT testing.
Visits to our school are welcome. Please note that our preference is for an immediate start but appreciate this is dependent on circumstances.
Great Bradfords Infant and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearances, references and staff disqualification declaration.