Download printable version
Learning Mentor/ Parent Support Worker.
4 days per week.
Walton on the Naze Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic professional, who has high expectations of themselves and our pupils, and is committed to improving the lives of our children.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding person who is passionate about helping children to remove barriers to learning, raise their aspirations and help them achieve their full potential, regardless of background. The appointed person will also be responsible for assisting in the development of effective mentoring programmes for some of our children.
If you are committed to improving the life chances of all children and are able to inspire and motivate others to do the same, then Walton on the Naze Primary School is the right place for you!
We are looking for an individual who:
· Has experience of supporting and building positive relationships with young people.
· Will be proactive, positive, calm and flexible.
· Has high expectations of themselves and the children they work with.
· Has excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
· A proven track record in managing behaviour.
· Is able to motivate children.
· Will be committed to working as part of a team.
· Is confident in liaising with and supporting parents and working with external agencies.
· Has a working knowledge of child protection procedures.
· Is a positive role model.
· Will be resilient and have a good sense of humour.
For the right candidate, we will offer:
· A supportive SLT,
· A school at the beginning of their Essex Step's journey,
· The opportunity to work with other professional colleagues across the School and the wider community;
· A welcoming school, with friendly, enthusiastic and supportive staff team;
· A dedicated Governing Body;
· Polite, enthusiastic children who are keen to learn.
We warmly welcome candidates coming to visit the school prior to application.