Download printable version
We are looking to appoint a reliable, organised and friendly person with excellent administrative, communication, initiative and interpersonal skills to join our busy school office. The post is a job share with an existing employee and occasional flexibility of hours and days may be required as a necessity to meet the needs of the school.
This post is for 19.5 hours per week, term time only - Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:30-3:30. Actual salary £8,250.80.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to multitask and work calmly, efficiently and accurately throughout disturbances during the day but still meeting deadlines.
- Previous experience of working in a school office and knowledge of related school systems.
- Experience of using of SIMS (or other school database).
- Experience of using an on-line school payment and communication system.
- A positive and professional approach with the ability to use initiative and prioritise tasks.
- Excellent organisation, interpersonal, multi-tasking and communication skills.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to daily tasks with the ability to work well both within a team and independently.
- An approachable confident manner with the ability to relate and deal with enquiries from both adults and children.
- A clear understanding of the need for discretion and ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- A clear understanding of the job role requirements and the ability to job share successfully.
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills including Excel and Word.
Duties will include admin support and related tasks, pupil data, attendance, school meals administration, income collection, school trips, updating the website, administering first aid and medicines, reception duties.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Diane Gladwin on 01277 899298 to arrange a visit.
Due to the large number of applications expected we will only contact those candidates who are shortlisted for interview.
The proposed start date for this position is as soon as possible. However we are prepared to wait for a notice period for the right candidate.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and suitable references.