Download printable version
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Band 3 to Midpoint £19,171 to £21,166 - depending upon experience
Actual Salary £11,350 to £12,531
Mon-Fri -26.5 hrs
Option for an additional 5 hours temporary contract linked to IPRA funding
Feering Primary School are looking for an experienced HLTA to join our staff team. Your area of expertise can influence the Key Stage you are assigned to. The main role will be to assist a class teacher with an allocated class, enabling you to build relationships with the pupils. In addition you will be asked to deliver afternoon intervention programmes with individuals and groups within that class. You will also be required to cover classes on occasions. Come and bring your enthusiasm to our great team, aiming to provide the very best education for our community.
The successful applicant will have:
· either HLTA qualification or the equivalent
· the ability to be patient and flexible and able to use their initiative in a range of situations
· relevant and recent experience in primary education, including whole class cover experience
· the ability to work as part of a team and strong written and verbal communication skills
· a good knowledge of how to get the best out of pupils using a positive approach to behaviour management
· an eagerness to develop and be part of the wider school community, sharing talents and skills with others
· the ability to use technology to support practice
For further information, to arrange an opportunity to visit us or for an application pack, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, medical check and enhanced DBS check.
Start date: Dependent upon notice, to start as soon as possible (ideally prior to 4/11/19)