Download printable version
SEN Learning Support Assistant required as soon as possible.
30 hours per week - 45.6 week per year contract (Actual pro rata salary £12,810 - £13,328)
Essex Band 3-5 fixed term contract until end of Summer term 2020
Start Date: September
Leigh Beck Junior School is looking to recruit a dedicated, enthusiastic and committed SEN Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly and hardworking team. The successful candidate will have previous SEN experience or qualifications and willingness to learn.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- support children by following programmes devised by the school
- have experience in supporting SEN children in a primary school
- liaise with the class teacher and SENCO keeping detailed records of the child's achievements
- has experience of the national curriculum and supporting the teaching and learning
- be highly positive and supportive
- remain calm and flexible, be caring, have patience, and have a sense of humour
- will support a child with behavioural as well as social and emotional complexities
- have a good standard of English and Mathematics (minimum of GCSE Grade C or equivalent)
- hold a Level 3 qualification
We can offer you:
- a vibrant and rapidly improving school with rewards and opportunities for motivated and committed individuals
- lively, friendly and aspirational children who are determined to make the most of their schooling
- a dynamic and dedicated team of teachers and support staff who want the best for their children
- innovative CPD which is of the highest quality
Visits are welcome and warmly encouraged; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01268 683037 to book an appointment.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant must provide satisfactory references and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check along with all relevant safeguarding checks. Leigh Beck Junior School is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date:28th August 2019