Download printable version
SEND Learning Support Assistant
Felmore Primary School is looking to appoint an experienced Learning Support Assistant to provide support for a pupil with Special Educational Needs and Medical Needs.
The position is for 27.5 hours per week , Monday to Friday 8:45 until 3:15 pm with an hour lunch break, during term time. Previous experience of working with a child with medical needs would be an advantage.
Salary Band 2, Point Range 3-6. Start date: September 2019.
Applications close: 31st August 2019. Interview date: 5th September 2019.
Felmore Primary School is located in Pitsea. We are one of the seven schools which form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.
We are seeking to appoint an individual who has:
· High expectations of children's learning and behaviour
· A high level of emotional intelligence and excellent communication/interaction skills
· Energy, enthusiasm and a flexible approach with the ability to look upon demands as an opportunity to be positive and inspirational
· A belief in inclusion, diversity and access and the right of each pupil to maximise their potential whatever their needs and abilities
· Be confident and competent and prepared to train to use a Gastrojejunostomy Tube which provides pupil with feed and medication
· Be confident and competent and prepared to train to support a pupil with Gastro-Oesophageal reflux - vomiting which includes the risk of aspiration.
· Be confident and competent and prepared to train to support a pupil with respiratory requirements including the risk of aspiration
· To support the pupil with personal care needs including changing and toiletting
· An understanding of autism and strategies to support a child with autistic traits
· An ability to communicate effectively with parents and carers
Berlesduna is Trust that values and invests in staff, excellent training, development and planned career progression.
It is essential that a visit to the School is made prior to application. Visits can be arranged by contacting the school on 01268 729885 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take care to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Should you require any further documentation please do not hesitate to contact us.
Internal applicants should submit a supporting statement to Linda Oliffe (email@example.com) by the closing date.