Download printable version
Residential Care Manager
Essex Schools Local Government Pay - Band 5 £32,029 to £39,782. Possible Band 6 £39,782 to £44,632 for an outstanding candidate.
We are seeking to appoint a caring highly motivated, experienced person to join a team of professionals working with learners with a wide range of complex needs including severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties, medical needs and autism.
Glenwood is an outstanding special school for pupils aged 3-19 yrs. We are operating in a fantastic purpose built new school currently providing for 217 pupils. Our next exciting project is a 20 bed residential provision as part of the school, the building will be completed in October 2019.
Significant experience of working in a residential children's provision is essential, as is the highest commitment to improving the lives of young people and their parents/carers.
You will be:
· experienced in imagining life from each individual learners' point of view
· experienced in leadership and management in a residential child care setting.
· passionate about supporting young people with additional needs and disabilities
· outstanding at forming positive relationships and developing positive partnerships
· self-motivated and driven by opportunities to make a positive difference for learners and their families
· a highly skilled communicator
· positive, resourceful, innovative and able to embrace change
· skilled at managing and supporting a large team
· have a firm understanding of the National Minimum Standards for Residential Special Schools
We can offer you the opportunity to:
· spend time with amazing young people and their parents/carers
· join a hardworking, committed and professional team of staff with a supportive governing body
· work in an outstanding school with an excellent reputation in the community
· be key to the development and successful opening of this new purpose built provision
This is a full time role to be worked on an annualised hours contract. Once open, the provision will be occupied Monday to Thursday nights, term time only. Interested candidates must have the flexibility to work differing patterns according to the needs of the provision - including night awake shifts and being on call.
All appointments are subject to safer recruitment requirements to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people. All positions will involve appropriate checks and clearances.