Download printable version
Rainbow Rangers Breakfast and Afterschool Club are looking for an enthusiastic Play Worker to join their team.
Hours of work will be approximately 10 per week but this will be confirmed once registers for September are finalised.
Hours are split into to two shifts:
7.30 a.m. to 9.00 a.m.
2.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Main duties include:
- Assist with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment.
- Providing comprehensive care for the children including collecting them from school and delivering them safely to parents or carers.
- Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment.
- Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met.
- Administering first aid when necessary.
- Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities.
- Helping with club administration, where necessary.
- Encouraging parental involvement in the club.
- Facilitating good communication with all members of the organisation, parents, and schools.
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant training.
- Keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure.
- Working within the framework of the club's policies and procedures.
Statutory holiday entitlement applies. We are part of Nest the government's pension scheme. Some hours may be required during the six weeks holiday to work in the Rainbow Rangers holiday club.
Please note that this position is working directly for Rainbow Rangers and not Boxted St Peter's School itself. However, a close working relationship exisits between the two with mutal expectations in terms of professional conduct and a committment to safeguarding children. As such all posts are subject to enhanced DBS and reference checks.