Download printable version
1:2:1 AUSTISM SUPPORT WORKER REQUIRED
Working pattern: Monday to Friday, 8.30am-3.15pm, term time only (one hour lunch).
Hours per week: 28.75 hours, Salary Band: 2
Montgomerie Primary School, as part of the Robus Multi Academy Trust, are looking for a valuable new member to join our team who is genuinely motivated by the desire to make a positive difference to pupils' lives.
The successful candidate will provide general class support and support a child with ASD special educational needs on a one to one basis and/or in a small group. You will be working closely with the Class Teacher, SENCo and Outside agencies and professionals.
This post is on a fixed term contract linked to the child.
We require a committed, enthusiastic teaching assistant who:
- has experience of working with SEND ASD pupils in a school setting
- has good verbal and written communication skills
- is patient and resilient with a positive nature
- has high expectations of self and others
- is self-motivated, resilient and able to use their own initiate
- is an adaptable team player with a good sense of humour
- be able to work independently, use initiative to aid learning and have high consistent expectations of behaviour
- be patient, adaptable and energetic
- have a range of strategies for supporting the inclusion of a child with additional learning needs
- experience with working with children with special educational needs
- GCSE grade C or Level 2 equivalent in Maths and English is desirable
- a willingness to attend to the child's personal and medical needs with appropriate training.
In return we offer:
a committed team who genuinely want the best for our pupils
excellent professional development opportunities
strong, collaborative partnerships with other schools within the Robus Multi Academy Trust
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.