Download printable version
Wickford Primary School is an Essex local authority maintained school located in South Essex. The school has recently amalgamated to become a primary school with 564 children on role from EYFS to Year 6, having a 2 Form intake in the Lower School and 3 Form intake in the Upper School. The governors are looking to appoint a new headteacher, due to retirement, who is willing to take on the challenge of the governors' ambition for the school to becoming 'outstanding' whilst maintaining the ethos and culture of the school.
Our Mission Statement: "Our vision is for individuals to become confident, enthusiastic learners and responsible citizens in an environment that ensures equal entitlement for all."
"Working for Everyone."
Our Governors are looking for someone with current leadership experience and record of success in a primary school.
· Is a creative and innovative experienced leader who can inspire both staff and pupils to achieve and reach their potential;
· Maintains the vision and values of the school and builds upon our current successes and strengths;
· Provides dynamic strategic leadership, focused on continual improvement;
· Can motivate and develop staff and create a culture of high expectations, with an unwavering focus on our pupils;
· Shares our values and who works with a strong sense of moral purpose;
· Leads, collaborates with and empowers our staff;
· Drives the development of the curriculum that both engages and challenges our children;
· To work collaboratively with other schools within our community;
· Promotes the wellbeing of all members of the school community;
· Is visible, approachable and will rise to a challenge;
· Has personal integrity and is not afraid to challenge when appropriate in the best interests of our children;
· Is highly motivated, focused and proactive;
· Has excellent communication skills;
· Is keen to develop relationship with all stakeholders;
· Models exceptional standards of professionalism;
· Demonstrates an awareness of national policy, showing a proactive approach to future school development both academic and extra-curricular.
Our pupils are looking for a new headteacher who:
· Visits their classrooms and is visible and approachable;
· Delivers fun, exciting learning assemblies;
· Understands them and their needs;
· Rewards and recognises their achievements and hard work;
· Keeps them safe, happy and learning.
In return we offer a:
· Supportive, and challenging, governing body willing to work with a headteacher to continue the improvements being made in school;
· Culture of high expectations and a school that all staff are proud to work in;
· Enthusiastic pupils keen to learn and to show their learning and progress to visitors to the school;
· Safe and secure environment within which individuals are acknowledged and valued.
We strongly encourage prospective candidates to visit our school to experience our warm and friendly school community first-hand. Please contact the Upper School office on 01268 733071 to arrange a mutually convenient time.
A candidate that is seeking to job-share the post should find a partner before applying, so that they can submit a joint application.
Send us your application which must include: your contact details, application form and a letter detailing your personal statement explaining your suitability for the position of Headteacher; contact details of two professional referees.
Only applications that contain the above details will be considered.
If you wish to request an application pack please telephone or email Sally Bayley, Clerk to Governors telephone number 01268 733071 (Option 2 - Upper School) or email clerkto firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Noon Monday 7th October 2019.
Interviews: 17th and 18th October 2019