Download printable version
Job Title: Cook
Grade: Band 2 (Point 11-14)
Reports to: Catering Manager
Responsible for: Kitchen Staff during agreed mealtimes
Liaison with Other Catering staff, suppliers.
Job Purpose: To assist with the provision of a high quality food and beverage service.
* To provide assistance with the preparation, cooking and service of food and beverages to the required standard.
* To follow menu plans agreed with the Catering Manager
* To deputise for the Catering Manager, as required.
* To take responsibility for the supervision of other kitchen staff as required.
* To assist the Catering Manager with the preparation of menu plans.
* To liaise as appropriate regarding staff cover.
* To follow the menu and recipes agreed.
* To occasionally assist with special functions which may be outside of normal working hours.
* To carry out cleaning duties within the kitchen and dining areas as required.
* To follow sound hygiene practices.
* To ensure that health and safety regulations are observed in working practices.
* To assist with the issue and recording of catering supplies as required.
* To assist with the operation of control procedures as required.
* To report immediately any accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, or unfit food or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate or possible.
* To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager.
* To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health and safety in the workplace.
* Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the school's Equal Opportunities Policy.
* The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this committment
* The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required by the Principal to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
Information about the School
We are a unique school and college where young people make real achievements. Our school understands and embraces the challenge of change, diversity and innovation and we are committed to developing teaching strategies which enable every student to be a successful learner. Our school is a learning environment that reflects the value we place on young people and their success to ensure that they grow into full participating citizens and have a real sense of their own worth.
The Colne Community School and College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.