Download printable version
Part-Time Reintegration Support Assistant
Pay: LGS Band 2 (£18,065-£18,795 per annum pro rata)
We are seeking to appoint a Reintegration Support Assistant to work under the instruction and guidance of the SENDCO / Senior Staff / Pastoral Team to enable students to reintegrate back into mainstream education from our enhanced provision called The Bridge.
Hours/Weeks: Part Time - 19.5 hours per week, 3 days per week 8.30am-3.30pm, term time plus INSET days.
The start for this post is 1st September 2019.
The role will involve:
· Supporting students to bridge the gap between school refusal and attendance.
· In collaboration with the Bridge lead, setting and monitoring reintegration targets and setting challenging and demanding expectations and promoting self-esteem and independence.
· Liaising with parents and staff to support the reintegration process.
We're looking for you if you have:
· Experience of working with students with SEMH difficulties.
· Experience and / or knowledge of the purpose and remit of a successful Enhanced Provision.
· Experience of working with other agencies including schools and supporting pupils at risk of school refusal.
· Experience of working collaboratively with other professionals and giving advice and guidance around behaviour & SEMH strategies.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
· A competitive Salary;
· Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
· A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
· Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
We are a very successful school, which has a 'Good' Ofsted rating and positive Progress 8 scores for the past 3 years. The Stanway Schoolis expanding; all the buildings are new, including brand new performing arts block which opened in September 2018.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website http://www.sigmatrust.org.uk/academies/stanway.asp
Please note that applications can only be accepted on the attached Sigma Trust Application form.
Closing Date: 28th June 2019
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure/status check will be sought from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.
Information about the School
The Stanway School is a mixed 11-16 comprehensive school, situated to the west of Colchester. It serves a wide catchment area encompassing the villages of Stanway, Aldham, Birch, Chappel, Copford, Eight Ash Green, Fordham, Fordham Heath, Great Tey, Layer-de-la-Haye, Marks Tey and West Bergholt. Our school is a community where each and every student matters. We provide a wide variety of learning experiences to help all students to enjoy their lessons and achieve their best.
The Stanway School converted to academy status on 1st March 2012 and on 1st September 2016, The Stanway School joined the newly-formed Sigma Trust, along with Clacton County High School, St Helena School, Thomas Lord Audley School, Monkwick Infant School & Nursery and Monkwick Junior School. Harwich & Dovercourt High School joined in June 2017.