Download printable version
Part-Time Reintegration Support Assistant
Pay: LGS Band 2 (£18,065-£18,795 per annum pro rata)
We are seeking to appoint a Reintegration Support Assistant to work under the instruction and guidance of the SENDCO / Senior Staff / Pastoral Team to enable students to reintegrate back into mainstream education from our enhanced provision called The Bridge.
Hours/Weeks: Part Time - 19.5 hours per week, 3 days per week 8.30am-3.30pm, term time plus INSET days.
The start for this post is 1st September 2019.
The role will involve:
· Supporting students to bridge the gap between school refusal and attendance.
· In collaboration with the Bridge lead, setting and monitoring reintegration targets and setting challenging and demanding expectations and promoting self-esteem and independence.
· Liaising with parents and staff to support the reintegration process.
We're looking for you if you have:
· Experience of working with students with SEMH difficulties.
· Experience and / or knowledge of the purpose and remit of a successful Enhanced Provision.
· Experience of working with other agencies including schools and supporting pupils at risk of school refusal.
· Experience of working collaboratively with other professionals and giving advice and guidance around behaviour & SEMH strategies.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
· A competitive Salary;
· Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
· A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
· Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
We are a very successful school, which has a 'Good' Ofsted rating and positive Progress 8 scores for the past 3 years. The Stanway Schoolis expanding; all the buildings are new, including brand new performing arts block which opened in September 2018.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website http://www.sigmatrust.org.uk/academies/stanway.asp
Please note that applications can only be accepted on the attached Sigma Trust Application form.
Closing Date: 28th June 2019
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure/status check will be sought from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.
Information about the School
About The Stanway School
The Stanway School is a heavily over-subscribed 11-16 comprehensive school with over 1,300 students currently on roll, the vast majority of whom live in Stanway and the surrounding villages to the west of Colchester. The school is a specialist school in Humanities and Maths & Computing. We have undertaken a huge rebuilding programme and the Creative Arts block, the latest phase of our expansion project, opened in September 2018. By 2021, all year groups will be full with 280 students following this expansion of the school buildings. This is an exciting time to join an already successful school that is looking to continually improve practice: staff are enthusiastic and many take part in voluntary research groups into key areas of school life; students are well-behaved and achieve results above expectation; the culture of the school is calm and purposeful.
In March 2012 The Stanway School converted to an academy and in September 2016 joined the newly formed Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools located in North East Essex covering both Colchester and Tendring.
The Stanway School