Download printable version
Pupil Premium Academic Mentor
Grade: LGPS Band 4
Hours/Weeks: 37 hours, Term time only + Inset Days
Staring Date for this post: 1st September 2019
We are seeking a motivated member of staff to support a range of students to achieve their full academic potential. Working closely with subject teachers and other staff, you will assist in identifying barriers to learning and deliver effective support in order to raise achievement. The successful candidate will:
· Work closely with subject teachers to identify what support would assist pupil premium students to achieve or exceed their target grades
· Prepare individual intervention plans for focus students in conjunction with the Assistant Headteacher (Raising Standards Lead)
· Liaise with Heads of Year and other staff to identify Pupil Premium students in need of support
· Conduct interviews with students to identify barriers to learning
· Provide in class support for underachieving Pupil Premium students
· Analyse pupil data in order to monitor the progress of identified individuals and report to the Deputy Head Teacher (Pupil Premium) on the impact of the intervention
· Have ongoing communication with teaching and pastoral staff
· Complete case studies for selected students
Applicants must have grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent and Level 3 Qualifications. Experience of working in a school environment or in a supervisory role with young people will be an advantage. Successful candidates will be subject to DBS clearance.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website http://www.sigmatrust.org.uk/academies/stanway.asp
Please note that applications can only be accepted on the attached Sigma Trust Application form Quoting Ref : 116
Closing Date: 27th June 2019
Closing date: Thursday 27 June 2019.
Information about the School
St Helena School, part of the Sigma Trust, is a highly-regarded 11-16 co-educational Academy, recognised as Good by Ofsted in 2014 and now on a journey to Outstanding. Located on 17 acres in historic Colchester, the school has a fine blend of traditional and modern facilities and opened a £2.5m new Science block in 2015, and a £2.5m all weather pitch facility in February 2016.
On 1 September 2016, the school joined The Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools with The Stanway School, The Thomas Lord Audley School, Clacton County High School, Monkwick Junior School and Monkwick Infants School and Nursery. Working in collaboration with all the schools within The Sigma Trust, St Helena has developed and enhanced its development of outstanding professional practice.