Download printable version
The children, staff and Governors of Engaines Primary School and Nursery are looking to appoint an exceptional new Headteacher to build upon the strong record of progress the school has achieved and who is willing to grasp an exciting opportunity to lead a growing, successful school.
We are looking for an inspirational leader with experience, vision and commitment to lead our dedicated team.
Our school and nursery is set within the village of Little Clacton and has 283 children on school roll and an expanding nursery with 39 children on roll. We are a large village school rated 'good' at our last Ofsted inspection.
Under the strong leadership of the Senior Leadership Team and a committed team of staff, our school has established a culture of very high expectations which ensure our pupils learn, grow and achieve their potential in a safe, welcoming and happy community.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
· Is passionate about learning and has a clear vision for primary education.
· Is an excellent practitioner with significant and successful senior leadership experience.
· Is committed to providing a rich and creative curriculum which inspires children to learn.
· Will embrace our values and vision.
· Will insist on the highest quality and standards of teaching and learning in an environment where our pupils have high aspirations and achieve their best.
· Can enthuse and engage parents and develop the good reputation of the school in the community.
· Will motivate all staff to develop their professional skills and experience.
We are proud to offer:
· An attractive salary range for the size of our school
· A calm and purposeful school, recently rated 'Good' by Ofsted who described the school as a place where 'The curriculum is broad and encourages academic success. It is further extended by after-school activities. Pupils learn to cooperate in different situations and this contributes to their good personal and social development.'
· A real sense of community with a culture of respect and shared values.
· Responsive, well-behaved and enthusiastic pupils who are eager to learn. A team of committed, hardworking professionals and support staff providing an inclusive learning environment for all our pupils.
· A highly professional and energetic team with a proven track record of providing excellent support to SEN and Pupil Premium groups, who Ofsted said 'make good progress from their individual starting points'.
· An effective, supportive and committed governing body.
· Positive relationships with parents and the wider community.
· Strong professional links with other schools and the Local Authority.
Currently a Headteacher or an outstanding Deputy, you have a demonstrable track record of raising standards and the ambition, skills and experience to lead a school, offering challenge and opportunity in equal measure.
An innovative leader and a hands on operational manager, you possess a deep understanding of curriculum development and teaching and learning. You have the ability to galvanise and motivate staff and pupils, enthuse parents and carers and raise the profile of your school within its local community.
In return for your energy, integrity and enthusiasm, we offer you the opportunity to lead a popular, and well-resourced school with fantastic children and excellent facilities for their age-ranges.
Visits to the school are encouraged and welcomed.
Engaines Primary School and Nursery is committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people;
- Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of difference backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
- The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
And expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment.