Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant
Pay: LGS Band 2 whole range
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to support children with Special Educational Needs.
Hours/Weeks: 32.5 per week, term time only plus INSET days.
The start for this post is September 2019
The role will involve:
· Working with individuals or small groups of children in collaboration with teaching staff;
· Proactively supporting students with activities designed to enhance numeracy and literacy;
· Supporting SEN students in gaining the ability to utilise IT in the classroom;
· Promoting positive behaviour, raising esteem and encouraging an aspirational culture;
· Working with SEN students to foster their development as independent learners.
We're looking for you if you have:
· A good standard of education (ideally Maths/English GCSE grade A* to C or equivalent);
· A commitment to high standards of achievement from students and yourself;
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act on your own initiative;
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
· A competitive Salary;
· Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
· A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
· Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website http://www.sigmatrust.org.uk/academies/stanway.asp
Please note that applications can only be accepted on the attached Sigma Trust Application form.
Closing Date: 25th June 2019
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure/status check will be sought from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.
Information about the School
St Helena School, part of the Sigma Trust, is a highly-regarded 11-16 co-educational Academy, recognised as Good by Ofsted in 2014 and now on a journey to Outstanding. Located on 17 acres in historic Colchester, the school has a fine blend of traditional and modern facilities and opened a £2.5m new Science block in 2015, and a £2.5m all weather pitch facility in February 2016.
On 1 September 2016, the school joined The Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools with The Stanway School, The Thomas Lord Audley School, Clacton County High School, Monkwick Junior School and Monkwick Infants School and Nursery. Working in collaboration with all the schools within The Sigma Trust, St Helena has developed and enhanced its development of outstanding professional practice.