Download printable version
We are a friendly Primary school based in StanwayColchester looking for an experienced Behaviour Support Worker to provide direct support for a number of pupils across the school with emotional and or behavioural difficulties. To work with an facilitate those pupils' successful inclusion in to school life.
We are looking for a Behaviour Support Worker who has the following attributes:
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
· Experience in working with a range of interventions such as Precision Teaching, Phonics groups, Springboard Maths etc
· Experience of working with pupils with speech and language needs
· An interest or experience in learning mentoring (training would be provided)
. Experience of working in a therapeutic school
· An ability to work with the teachers in lesson planning, evaluating and adjusting lessons/plans as appropriate
· Positive and calm approach to managing behaviour
· A solid understanding of safe guarding practices
Ability to work as part of a team and show initiative
Information about the School
Stanway Fiveways Primary School is situated on the outskirts of Colchester and is a school which is striving to become one of the leading schools in Essex.
We are committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to the receipt of satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS and qualifications check.
Visits to the school are very welcome and more information is available from the School Business Manager, Claire Sainsbury.