Download printable version
Senior Teacher (with HEARTS award) with responsibility for curriculum development
Full time position. Class based 0.8 with 0.2 leadership time
September start but will consider January for the right applicant
Waterman Primary is a good and improving school (OFSTED January 2018). We are looking for a highly effective teacher to work with senior leaders in the Trust and school to continue with the work already started on our exciting curriculum.
Waterman is a small primary and is a warm and welcoming school. It is an exciting time for the school with many developments taking place. It benefits from and contributes to the high level of collaboration across the HEARTS family of schools and works particularly closely with its partner good school, Stambridge Primary.
This is a rewarding role for teachers looking to develop their career but receive support for their development as well as contributing to the development of others. We welcome an application from you if you are:
- Committed to a high quality curriculum
- Knowledgeable about a range of subject areas
- Keen to progress in the fabulous profession that teaching is
- Willing and able to support others develop
- Have a positive and hopeful attitude
- Share the HEARTS values
The school can offer:
- Highly skilled staff who will support and help you to develop quickly
- Professional development opportunities across the Trust and in schools that we partner
- Wonderful pupils and families
- A workload charter that restricts marking to within lessons, an email protocol that doesn't require responses after working hours or during holiday periods, a 2 week break in October in return for CPD hours over the year.
- Highly committed LAB members and Trustees who support and lead the school in its values and development
- A warm and friendly team who work together
- A service driven ethos with a focus on pupils' outcomes
- An innovative pay policy that rewards accelerated progress including opportunities for a HEARTS Award
Information about the School
Waterman Primary School is a small, friendly school with lovely children. The school is close to transport links. We are part of the HEARTS Academy Trust, a local Trust of schools that has the values of Happiness, achievement, self-esteem, respect & responsibility, truth, spirituality & service.
The Trust is truly innovative and rewards outstanding staff for outstanding outcomes. The school calendar year has 184 days of contact time with pupils, 5 non-pupil days, and the equivalent of 6 days of high quality continuous professional development.
The Trustees are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical checks, a prohibited from teaching check and references. References will be requested prior to interview.
For further information about the HEARTS Academy Trust please visit our website at www.heartsacademytrust.co.uk.