Download printable version
Required - January 2019
Powers Hall Academy is an Outstanding (Ofsted 2012) 3-form entry Junior School. This school is the lead school for Connected Learning Multi Academy Trust.
Powers Hall Academy is a vibrant, busy community where teaching and learning is exciting, enthusiastic and effective. The positive atmosphere within the school is much commented on by visitors and reflects their aims and ethos. At the heart of this is the passionate belief in Inclusion and the Every Child Matters agenda.
What makes Powers Hall Academy an 'outstanding school' [Ofsted 2012], is the continual striving to raise standards and provide the very best possible all round education for the pupils. The dedication and commitment of all adults in the school community is a contributing factor. Leadership and management are exceptionally strong and there is a shared responsibility for the whole school systems and procedures that ensure consistency with teaching and learning.
The mission statement for Powers Hall Academy is 'Proud to Succeed'
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative Head of School to continue to lead this Academy.
This is a perfect opportunity for a dynamic and talented leader, with a proven track record of raising achievement and improving teaching and learning in their school, to work with a great community of children, staff and parents at Powers Hall Academy.
Powers Hall Academy is the leading school in a five primary school Multi-Academy Trust. We have come together under one Trust with a Leadership Team of a Chief Executive Officer, Chief Learning Officer and Chief Operations Officer, four Heads of School and a Central Management Business Team. The CEO and CLO also fulfil the role of Executive Headteachers.
If you would like to work in a Multi Academy Trust that is committed to providing children with an outstanding learning experience, aims to continually develop and grow, and where teamwork and the professional development of all staff is important, we would love to hear from you.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have current senior leadership experience of at least three years
- Share our vision of transforming learning raising aspiration, secure an enjoyment and love of learning and develop a sense of pride in all that we do
- Put children at the heart of everything they do
- Be an outstanding and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with a proven track record of raising standards
- Be an excellent leader with a passion and commitment to improving the life changes of our children
- Have a proven ability to lead, inspire and motivate others
- Be a creative thinker
- Have the ability to drive forward development in our curriculum
- Be able to develop effective partnerships with staff, parents and the wider community in order to drive forward change and shape the future direction of Powers Hall Academy.
- This vacancy is a full time position with no fixed teaching commitment, there is however, an expectation that the successful candidate can lead by example and has the skills to model high quality teaching and learning.
We actively welcome visits to our school.
Should you have any further questions or wish to arrange a visit, please make contact with Michelle Smith, HR Manager on 01376 518190 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website at www.powershall.co.uk for more information about this Academy. Please visit www.connectedlearningmat.co.uk for more information about our Trust
Connected Learning Multi-Academy Trust are committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people;
- Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of difference backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
- The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
And expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment.
The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.