Download printable version
Our happy, successful and caring school is looking for an LSA to support a named child in KS1.
20 hours per week - (4 hours per day /five days per week). Mornings and lunchtimes. Term-time only.
We require an LSA to support a child who exhibits high levels of anxiety and potential sensory overload.
The KS1 child currently attends on a reduced timetable due to a need for a more gradual transition into an educational setting: primary school is their first experience of this. The child's developmental levels and abilities are significantly behind those expected for their chronological age (roughly 2.5 years) and this will need close consideration when working and choosing appropriate activities.
The child has a greatly reduced sense of danger, both to themself and others, and is frequently known to run without considering potential hazards.
The successful applicant will need to be able to support the child using initiative in both planning appropriate activities based on their sensory profile and developmental level and be able to build rapport with the child and parents, as close communication is of high importance.
Attributes of child which need supporting:
- Highly physically demanding
- Reduced communication abilities
- Developmentally significantly delayed (roughly 2.5 - 3 years)
- Individualised curriculum to be planned and delivered, in conjunction with class teacher, designed to meet appropriate sensory needs as well as being at an appropriate academic level. A multitude of alternative teaching strategies will be required.
- Recent diagnoses of ADHD and ASD
- High levels of anxiety
- Very limited joint attention and finds following instructions difficult
Attributes required in applicants:
- Use of initiative in adapting to the actions of the child very quickly
- Knowledge and experience of autism and ADHD
- An understanding of using visual support strategies (visual timetable)is needed
- Ability to communicate successfully with parents and specialist teaching staff
Visits are warmly encouraged - please telephone the Office for an appointment.
Information about the School
Long Ridings is a popular and thriving two-form entry primary school with 414 pupils. We serve a mixed socio-economic area of Hutton and Shenfield, near Brentwood.
Our last Ofsted inspection was in March 2019: rated Good.
We are closely involved in Teacher Training as part of the Essex and Thames SCITT. We also play a key role in local CPD for Brentwood Schools, hosting training days for visiting teachers and LSAs. We are part of the Brentwood Collaborative Partnership.
The school is well-resourced with large grounds. We are committed to a thematic curriculum and have specialist support for P.E.