Download printable version
Due to our increasing pupil numbers, we wish to employ an outstanding teacher to teach our Y5/6 class for 3.5 days a week. Our Headteacher, who used to teach this class, is now becoming our SENCo. Initially, this is a one-year contract, with the aim of making the change more permanent if pupil numbers continue to rise.
You will be responsible for:
- teaching 24 well-behaved, enthusiastic learners in Y5 and 6.
- delivering the curriculum in English, including GPS, maths and some Foundation subjects.
- planning for the two teaching assistants in class to ensure they can support pupils' learning
- teaching children the importance of our school values
- being partof a small team in a very small school - we will have around 70 pupils in September.
We can offer you;
- a friendly small school with a real 'family feel.'
- well-behaved children who love to learn
- a supportive team of colleagues
- a supportive local community and parent body
- professional development opportunities through our links with Tiptree and Stanway Consortium
- as this class contains a number of children with SEN, the school SENCo will teach literacy and numeracy to this group for two hours each morning, giving you the freedom to really challenge higher ability pupils
As this is a last minute change to our plans, our application close date is almost upon us! We warmly welcome visitors, but, given the timescale, recognise that this may not be possible so we would also be happy to show you around after the closing date if necessary.
Information about the School
Great Tey C of E (VC) Primary School is a small, friendly village school just off the A120 near Marks Tey. The Governors, staff, parents and pupils of Great Tey are committed to working together to achieve the very best outcomes for all.