Download printable version
Assistant Director Of Learning Science
Leadership spine L4-L8 (£43,034-£47,501 p.a)
Are you an outstanding leading classroom practitioner who can inspire and motivate other staff?
In this role, you will be leading the strategic direction and development of the faculty in support of the school's core aims of all lessons being good to outstanding.
Some of the key responsibilities are:
• Representing the faculty on the Curriculum & Achievement Team and contributing to whole school decision making in relation to curriculum and assessment planning;
• taking an active role in the Leadership & Management of the school as part of the Extended Leadership Team (ELT) and attending SLT/ELT meetings on a regular basis;
• supporting and securing the commitment of others to the vision, ethos, direction and policies of the school/trust and promoting high levels of achievement in the faculty;
• supporting the creation and implementation of the School Development Plan, especially in relation to the faculty and to take responsibility for any delegated functions.
What we can offer you:
• A competitive salary;
• employee benefits: Pension Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme;
• a full continuous Professional Development Programme;
• training opportunities through the school's membership of The Sigma Trust.
We're looking for you if you have:
• A current knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the latest Ofsted framework;
• the confidence to take responsibility for the development and monitoring of the curriculum provision throughout the faculty;
• a sensitive, flexible, open-minded and responsive attitude to working with others.
How to Apply:
Please complete the attached Sigma Trust application form and submit either via the TES website, or directly to the HR team email@example.comQuoting Ref 101
Closing Date for applications: 20th May 2019 Midday
Information about the School
CCHS is a forward-thinking school with an innovative curriculum designed to meet the needs of all students whatever their ability or need. With an expanding number of students, currently approximately 1700, including a sixth form of around 300, we pride ourselves on creating a personal and supportive environment to promote higher expectations and raise aspirations.
In September 2018, CCHS was rated by Ofsted as a good school with many outstanding features, particularly in regard to leadership and our sixth form provision. We are also proud to be the lead school for the local teacher training scheme.
As well as a firm commitment to all of our students, we are also very committed to supporting colleagues, providing a great CPD and training programme with opportunities for career progression and enhancement.