Download printable version
We are looking to appoint a patient, caring full time SEN LSA to work in our Foundation Class to support a child/children with an EHCP.
Ideally you will have an understanding of the Early Years curriculum and some experience of working with children with a wide range of special needs but in-house training will be available for the right candidate.
Overview of duties
You will work closely with other members of staff within the Foundation Stage classroom to ensure that targeted children are supported to achieve the outcomes identified on their Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
This will include developing the children's communication and interaction skills and early learning and play skills and supporting their social, emotional, physical and self-care needs.
You will be directed by the Class teacher and supported by the School's SENCo and external professionals such as Speech and Language Therapists.
You will be expected to:
- Read documents to understand the strengths and areas for development for each child and the strategies to be employed to achieve next steps
- Establish a good relationship with the child/children; identify and respond to individual needs using agreed systems and strategies
- Attend to personal self-care needs as required e.g. supporting toileting, changing and feeding
- Keep the child/children safe in a range of environments including the playground and lunch hall
- Deliver specialist support programmes and maintain appropriate records
- Be pro-active in finding learning approaches that work and have the flexibility to change what does not work, feeding back to the Class teacher and SENCo as required
- Liaise with parent/carers and a range of specialists
- Contribute to EHCP reviews and meetings
- Attend training opportunities external to the school
In return the school can offer you:
· The chance to be part of a small supportive team
· CPD opportunities as part of the Epping Forest Schools Partnership Trust
· A school built on Christian values
· A beautiful forest location
Candidates must be able to drive as there is no public transport near to the school.
Visits to the school are positively encouraged.
Please contact the school officeon 020 85086048to arrange an appointment.