Download printable version
Learning Support Assistants
Pay Range: LGS Band 2 to the Midpoint.
Hours/Weeks: A number of Flexible / Part time Positions available. 39 weeks per Year
The start for this post is 1st September 2019.
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistants to support children with Special Educational Needs.
We're looking for you if you have:
- A good standard of education (ideally Maths/English GCSE grade A* to C or equivalent)
- A commitment to high standards of achievement from students and yourself;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act on your own initiative;
The Role Will involved:
- Working with individuals or small groups of children in collaboration with teaching staff;
- Proactively supporting students with activities designed to enhance numeracy and literacy;
- Supporting SEN students in gaining the ability to utilise IT in the classroom;
- Promoting positive behavior, raising esteem and encouraging an aspiration culture;
- The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification.
What we can offer:
- A competitive Salary;
- Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
- A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
- Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
This is an opportunity to join a brand new Academy opening September 2019. The school is being purpose built currently and this is a chance to be part of a talented new team and create a leading catering service for our Academy.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website http://www.sigmatrust.org.uk/academies/Paxman.asp
Please note that applications can only be accepted on the attached Sigma Trust Application form Quoting Ref: 096
Closing Date: 23th May 2019
Interviews week commencing 11th/12th June.
Information about the School
The Sigma Trust is proud and excited to be announced as the sponsor for the new academy in Paxman Avenue.The new school is scheduled to open in September 2019 and will admit 180 Year 7 students in the first year.
The Paxman Academy is committed to providing an ordered, stimulating learning environment in which all students are encouraged to achieve their best. It is determined that all students should be valued through the provision of a broad, relevant, balanced and challenging curriculum that caters for individual needs; this is encouraged within an atmosphere of mutual respect. The Academy recognises its role within the broader community. It is determined to maintain a STEM focus throughout the curriculum and
across extended learning opportunities. It identifies learning as a lifelong process and values the contribution made by parents and others to the creation of a partnership. Within this partnership, and through learning opportunities provided, students will develop skills, attitudes and values that prepare them to accept the challenges and responsibilities of adult life.
The Paxman Academy will embrace the values of The Sigma Trust to
ensure that all students will fulfil their potential and transform life
chances for all.