Download printable version
Due to expansion we are looking to appoint an experienced and inspiring Higher Level Teaching Assistant to support KS2 pupils in their learning. The role is a permanent, term time plus Inset days post contracted to work 26 hours 15 minutes per week commencing in September 2019. The rate of pay for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant is Essex Schools Local Government Pay 2019 Band 3 point 6-11 (FTE £19,171 to £21,166).
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with teachers in the teaching and management of pupils in the classroom. You will undertake specified timetabled teaching duties for whole classes and smaller groups of pupils within a spedcific year group in order to raise standards of achievement for all children. You will be able to establish positive relationships with pupils and act as a role model for them.
You must have relevant experience and a minimum of English and mathematics at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent.You should also hold Higher Level Teaching Assistant status.
Key activities of the Higher Level Teaching Assistant includes:
- Plan and prepare lessons with teachers and develop and prepare resources for learning in accordance with lesson plans and in response to pupil need.
- Motivate and progress pupil learning by using clearly structured, interesting teaching and learning activities.
- Assist in maintaining and analysing pupil progress through a range of assessment activities and provide feedback to pupils.
- Contribute to the overall ethos and aims of the school by attending relevant meetings and contributing to the development of policies and procedures within the school.
- Participate in staff meetings and training days/events as requested.
We offer the opportunity of working in a school with:
- Friendly and enthusiastic pupils
- An excellent team of teachers and support staff.
- A good professional development programme
Montgomery Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please contact the school for further information.