Download printable version
We are looking for a Midday Assistant to join our welcoming school as soon as possible, working between one and five days a week from 12:00 - 1:15, term time only. Key to the role is maintaining the safety, welfare and good behaviour of the pupils during their lunch break, either in the playground or the dining hall, and undertaking cleaning in and around dining areas as required. This is an important role within the school and it is essential that you enjoy the company of children and can develop positive relationships with them.We are looking for someone to commence as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will:
· Have a calm and positive manner
· Be flexible, patient and well organised
· Use their initiative but also work as part of a team
· Be able to maintain a safe working environment
· Be fair, caring and have a sense of humour
· Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Able to lead and support playground games when required.
· Enjoy the fresh air!
Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged through the school office.
As a school, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, as well as promoting British values. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical and enhanced DBS clearance.
Information about the School
Sunnymede Junior School is a two form entry school in Billericay, where children are at the heart of everything we do. Please visit our website to discover more about us - http://www.sunnymede-jun.ik.org