Download printable version
We are looking to appoint a full time SENCO (qualified teacher), initially until 31st August 2020, with the possibility of the post becoming permanent after this date.
We require an experienced SENCO who is able to take responsibility for One Planning for the large number of children on our SEN Register. This is a non-teaching role and we are looking for someone who:
· has a sound understanding of early child development and recent EYFS experience
· has a clear and up-to-date understanding of the Code of Practice and relevant SENCO experience, preferably with National SEN Accreditation
· is committed to early identification of SEN and early intervention to ensure best possible outcomes for children and their families
· is an excellent communicator, confident in completing One Planning paperwork and leading meetings with parents and professionals
· is highly organised, efficient and able to meet multiple deadlines
We are one of only two Maintained Nursery Schools in Essex, with places for 188 pupils aged 2,3 and 4. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
Information about the School
Tanglewood Nursery School is a well resourced maintained nursery school with an outstanding play area and forest garden for children aged 3-4. There are three classrooms and all have highly qualified teachers, nursery nurses and support staff. The school also has a speech and language centre.
Little Tanglewood has a purpose built building for children aged 2-3.
Tanglewood has a long tradition of child centred education where learning through play forms the basis for our children to become active and independent learners. We aim always to provide a happy, calm and secure environment where children can explore, investigate, reflect and try things out with confidence.