Download printable version
Following the appointment of a new Headteacher in January 2019, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) at Rettendon Primary School. We are seeking to appoint an exceptional HLTA who is flexible, inspirational and dedicated to providing the best education possible to our pupils. This individual will embark on exciting opportunity; joining a supportive team who are shaping the future of Rettendon Primary School. The new Headteacher and Governors are looking for an individual who can bring fresh ideas and experience across a range of ages to our warm, nurturing and caring village school.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a strong practitioner.
- Bring experience across a range of ages: Reception - Year 6.
- Build strong relationships with the children and staff.
- Undertake staff training through staff INSETS and staff meetings.
- Be able to implement behaviour policies and ensure consistency across the school.
- Contribute to pupil assessment through a dialogue with class teachers.
- Provide accurate feedback to pupils.
- Supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers.
- Cover PPA for teaching staff and leadership non-contact time.
- Demonstrate integrity at all times.
The school is committed to CPD, so the role is suitable for both experienced HLTAs and newly qualified HLTAs.
If you think you can bring energy and fresh ideas to this role, then visits to the school are welcome and you should book through Mrs Sloper (Headteacher) by phoning the school office 01268 732096.
Information about the School
Rettendon Primary School is a small village school in the heart of a well-established community. With 140 children on roll, the staff know each child individually; this is what makes Rettendon a great school to work in! The children are currently in mixed classes: Reception (Class 1), Years 1 and 2 (Class 2), Years 2 and 3 (Class 3), Years 4 and 5 (Class 4), Years 5 and 6 (Class 5). We are driven by our ethos:
We will provide a safe haven where the children and the community are nurtured, supported and challenged to reach their full potential. We harness differences and ensure every child is treated as an individual; respected, enthused and provided with the skill-set to enter the world as a successful and responsible citizen.