Download printable version
We are seeking to appoint, from September 2019 or January 2020, an excellent teacher with a passion for getting the best out of students and for leading a committed and talented Humanities team consisting of Geography, History and Citizenship.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a hard-working, committed and creative team and to help mould the Humanities curriculum in order to drive improvements in progress and standards.
The successful candidate will:-
- be an excellent practitioner;
- be a person committed to the highest standard of achievement for all students;
- be committed to the school's ethos and vision;
- motivate, inspire and support others to achieve excellence in all teaching and learning areas;
- drive the development of the Humanities faulty;
- be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of student achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved;
- be capable of forging effective relationships with key curriculum areas in order to improve student outcomes;
- have experience of middle leadership, with ambitions for senior leadership, and be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a clear vision for the development of Humanities;
- have the capacity to work with Senior Leaders to enhance Humanities provision across the school;
- have creativity and dynamism to develop outstanding and innovative classroom practice and lead a team of staff to effect this;
- have a passion for learning and teaching within Humanities;
- have a proven track record of student achievement.
We can offer:
- You will have access to a specifically tailored and fully funded CPD package;
- A well-resourced and fully staffed Humanities faculty;
- A childcare voucher scheme;
- You will take a post that is ideal preparation for senior leadership;
- A Senior Leadership Team that will allow you to be innovative, proactive and play an active part in our school.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an oversubscribed, purpose built school, located in 38 acres of land.
Cornelius Vermuyden is a highly successful school and recently achieved 'Good' from Ofsted (November 2018). The school has a national reputation for innovative educational practice using our state of the art facilities. The school also boasts a purpose built Teacher Training Room for sharing practice.
The Humanities cluster features fantastic facilities, including a range of innovative teaching spaces and state of the art mobile devices. Our students are hard working and friendly and we are determined to work with them to give them the best life chances possible.
Please apply using the accompanying application form. Alternatively, you can visit the school's website, www.corneliusvermuyden.com, and use the application form under Key Materials in the vacancy section under Staff Information. Please send your completed application to Mrs A Beckman, Headteacher's PA, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to the school's address.
CVs alone will not be accepted. CVs sent via a recruitment agency will not be considered.
The governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if there is a good level of response. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please note that only those applicants who are asked to attend for interview will be contacted.
Information about the School
Cornelius Vermuyden is a vibrant and distinctive learning community in which all students receive the support, challenge and encouragement that they need to become successful, confident and mature young people who are well-prepared for life beyond school. Located on a beautiful site on Canvey Island and easily accessible to all parts of Essex, Southend and London, the school provides a secure and happy environment for positive and exciting learning experiences.