Download printable version
St. Helena School Cover Supervisor
NJC LGS Band 3 to Midpoint
33.25 hours per week/Term time only
This is an exciting opportunity to join St Helena School in Colchester as a Cover Supervisor.
We are seeking to appoint a professional, well-educated and enthusiastic colleague to join our dynamic cover team. Duties will include supervising classes across all areas and faculties in the school and undertaking pre-set work in the short term absence of teaching staff.
All applicants should have GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above, or equivalent, and be confident and competent in using day to day ICT.
Some of the key responsibilities are:
· To supervise pupils engaged in learning activities
· Act as a role model and set high expectations of conduct and behaviour
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom
· Keep pupils on task and respond to general queries
· Provide objective and accurate feedback to the teacher on the conduct of the lesson
· Keep appropriate records as agreed with the teacher
· Promote positive values, attitudes and good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can Offer:
A competitive Salary
Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme and Childcare Voucher Scheme
A full continuous Professional Development Programme
Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website http://www.sigmatrust.org.uk/academies/paxman.asp
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged.
Please note that CV's cannot be accepted, you need to complete the attached Sigma Trust Application form.
Closing Date: 17th May 2019
Interviews: Week beginning 20th May 2019
Information about the School
St Helena School, part of the Sigma Trust, is a highly-regarded 11-16 co-educational Academy, recognised as Good by Ofsted in 2014 and now on a journey to Outstanding. Located on 17 acres in historic Colchester, the school has a fine blend of traditional and modern facilities and opened a £2.5m new Science block in 2015, and a £2.5m all weather pitch facility in February 2016.
On 1 September 2016, the school joined The Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools with The Stanway School, The Thomas Lord Audley School, Clacton County High School, Monkwick Junior School and Monkwick Infants School and Nursery. Working in collaboration with all the schools within The Sigma Trust, St Helena has developed and enhanced its development of outstanding professional practice.