Download printable version
Office Manager / Headteacher's P.A.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work at our friendly and popular school: we are looking for an enthusiastic Office Manager / P.A. to the Headteacher. You will need to be friendly, approachable and organised. Our busy office requires high levels of efficiency in addition to meeting regular deadlines. Administration experience is essential although it does not have to have been within a school setting; the successful candidate will need to manage sensitive situations with empathy, tact and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality.
In this role, you would be:
· acting as a first point of contact, meeting and greeting pupils, parents and other visitors, and dealing with enquiries in person, by phone or email;
· overseeing most of the organisational and administrative aspects of school life;
· managing, organising and appraising office staff;
· managing first aid, medication and medical plans for pupils;
· assisting the SMT and Governors in ensuring GDPR compliance.
As such, you will need to:
· be friendly, positive and flexible, promoting a positive image of the school;
· have strong oral and written communication skills;
· have excellent ICT skills;
· be organised and efficient, working to deadlines;
· have enthusiasm for working in a school environment and getting involved in the wider aspects of school life.
We can offer you:
· a friendly and positive working environment;
· appropriate training, if needed;
· a strong and supportive team of staff and governors;
· continuing professional development;
· a workplace with a strong Christian ethos;
· lovely children!
Working hours are 8:15am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday term time (plus inset days), and one week of the holidays. Essex Pay Scale April 2019: Band 3
We would love to meet you, so please come along and visit our school to meet our team and appreciate all we have to offer. Please ring 01277 213945 to arrange a visit, which is welcomed and encouraged.
Hutton All Saints' is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced DBS checks.
Please see our school website www.huttonallsaints.co.uk for further details about our school.
Closing: Tuesday 4th June 2019
Interview date: Friday 21st June 2019
Information about the School
HUTTON ALL SAINTS’ C. of E. PRIMARY SCHOOL
Hutton All Saints’ is a Church of England Primary School serving the Parish of Hutton and surrounding district. It was originally founded in 1840 on a site in Hutton Village. The school transferred in the 1950’s to a new building on its present site.
It has strong links with St. Peter’s and All Saints’ churches and through them to their local community. The school governors, staff, children and the church take this link very seriously and are proud of their joint contribution to local education.
In 2011 the school became an Academy.