Download printable version
Required September 2019 - The Governing Body would like to appoint an inspirational and dynamic full-time Head of Creative Arts (Art, Resistant Materials, Photography, Food Studies and Design & Technology). The post is suitable for those with more experience.
Grays Convent High School is a successful all girls' Catholic Secondary School with a PAN of 620 students based in Thurrock, Essex. We are a high-performing school that has risen to become the top performing school in Thurrock with a progress 8 of +0.7 and who are continuing to improve. Our Creative Arts results are excellent. This is a reflection of our exceptional teaching team along with our students who are not only thoughtful and resilient, but hardworking and eager to learn too.
With a successful OFSTED 'Good' judgment comfortably secured in November 2017, we are now pushing towards 'outstanding' status, with all of the excitement of setting and achieving the highest standards on a daily basis.
We can offer you:
• A personal and caring approach
• A calm and inspiring teaching environment
• Career support and continued professional development
• Exceptional behaviour for learning
The successful candidate will:
• Be the kind of leader who can inspire every student to achieve beyond expectations, whatever their background?
• Be a successful and inspirational teacher with a passion to teach Art and Photography at KS3 and KS4
• Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
• Be enthusiastic, a team player, self-motivated and committed to further professional development
If you would like to become part of our exceptional team that shares your beliefs and enjoy all the support and development you need to achieve your professional goals then please apply by downloading our Teacher application form available on the school website, www.graysconvent.thurrock.sch.uk or by contacting email@example.com
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population
Closing date: Friday 26th April 2019