Download printable version
MPR / UPR
New Rickstones Academy is graded 'Good' and has a state of the art new building offering fantastic facilities for both students and staff alike. We have a committed and ambitious team which includes colleagues from Future Leaders, and have been very successful at developing teachers and leaders with progression both within and beyond the academy.
Due to expansion, we are recruiting an outstanding Maths Teacher to join our team. Reporting to the Head of Maths, you will join an academy where all colleagues play their part and contribute to whole school improvement through our distributed leadership model. If you embody these values and have high expectations, you will be very successful working with us.
If you are driven, and passionate about Maths then we want to hear from you! We actively welcome applications from NQTs as well as from experienced colleagues looking to develop their career further.
We are looking for:
- Energy and enthusiasm to deliver lessons that will engage, enthuse and motivate our learners to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- A drive for continuous improvement to help maintain an outstanding Mathematics department.
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
- A commitment to further developing you as a teacher with excellent CPD opportunities
- The opportunity to be part of an academy moving forward at pace
- BHSF membership which provides support and employee benefits including a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare costs, an employee assistance programme and savings from a range of retailers
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Discounted membership at Witham Leisure Centre and linked centres in the Fusion Group.
- AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what's possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Potential candidates are encouraged to contact the school so you can come and see what life is like here! Call 01376 515756 to set up a time today.
We work closely with our sister academy, Maltings Academy (graded outstanding), also in Witham. Although this role is based at New Rickstones Academy, all new staff contracts are to work across both academies.
This position is required to commence September 2019.
Closing date: Tuesday 12 March 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Find your remarkable, apply today, click on the following link:https://bit.ly/2tj2r5X
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us onFacebook,Twitterand Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our websitehttps://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduatesfor further details.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty
- To apply please use the following: recruitment.41CFF0FC4.firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the School
At New Rickstones Academy (NRA), there is an underlying vision based on a culture of high expectation and achievement within a caring community. The academy has an approach based on the fundamental principles of delivering excellence in learning and teaching and driving up achievement and attainment. All staff encourage creative, responsive and effective approaches to learning and teaching across all Key Stages to ensure a continuous and consistent Academy-wide focus on students’ achievement and development in all areas, not just academic.
Since gaining Academy status, NRA has made dramatic progress and in 2009, it was named as ‘the most improving school in Essex’ and one of the top improving academies in the country. The Academy is well equipped and benefits from modern, state of the art facilities in a new building opened in 2012.
As the sponsor, the AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of the AET academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes.
Each of the academies within the AET is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Criminal Records Disclosure at Enhanced Level will be required for all posts.