Download printable version
HEAD OF SCHOOL for DEBDEN C OF E PRIMARY ACADEMY
Required for September 2019
Salary: Group 1 Negotiable, depending on experience
Number on roll: 96
We are seeking to appoint an able, dynamic and enthusiastic Head of School with strong leadership and management skills. You will join our excellent team and make a significant contribution to the further development of the school. Debden C of E Primary Academy has a strong focus on promoting Christian values and is part of the Great Oak Multi Academy Trust. This is an exciting opportunity for ambitious individuals looking to further their career within a successful and supportive Trust. The Trust promotes collaboration, a common commitment to learn from each other by sharing good practice and experiences whilst specialist support from an excellent central services team for HR, finance and health and safety allows the Head of School to focus on teaching and learning.
We need you to:
- Be passionate about and committed to collaborative working with the Executive Headteacher, colleagues across our MAT, governors, directors, teachers and support staff.
- Have high expectations for your own performance, staff performance and the progress and attainment of all pupils.
- Have a proven track record in developing others, especially through coaching, mentoring and a commitment to continual professional development of self and others.
- Be open to learning, developing and improving your own skills in this senior role.
- Demonstrate effective leadership, managerial and organisational skills and have a track record of improving outcomes for pupils.
- Have accurate judgement about the quality of learning in lessons and pupils' books and deliver clear feedback to teachers on strengths and weaknesses.
We can offer you:
- A friendly and purposeful staff.
- A range of professional development opportunities to ensure you succeed.
- Support and coaching from the Executive Headteacher.
- Pupils who are well behaved and polite, keen to learn and proud of their school.
- A committed staff team who strive to deliver the best outcomes for every child inclusively.
- A positive, forward-thinking working environment with experienced and well-informed directors and governors.
- A supportive network of colleagues across our excellent multi-academy trust.
Visits to our friendly school are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged. To view our school prospectus, please follow this link.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity and the school, please visit www.debdenprimary.co.uk. Please email email@example.com for further details regarding the position or to arrange a visit. You can also request a meeting with our Executive Headteacher, Mrs Sarah Mitchell, who would be most happy to have an informal conversation with any interested candidates.
Application forms, job description and person specification can be downloaded via the school website or requested from firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Midday on 28 February 2019
Interviews: 6 March 2019
Great Oak Multi Academy Trust is committed to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures, the successful applicant will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks.
Information about the School
Debden CE Primary Academy is a warm and welcoming school situated near Saffron Walden on the Essex/Suffolk/Cambridge borders. It is a place where children can reach their best and fulfill their potential within our caring Christian community.