Download printable version
We are looking for dedicated, passionate and committed QTS/Unqualified Teachers/Tutors to provide 1-1 learning support to students in the local area i.e. Basildon, Brentwood, Chelmsford, Rayleigh, Colchester and Harlow, working on a casual contract (with Logic School Services) as every student will need different amounts of hours of tutoring to meet their needs.
Main Purpose of the Role
- To provide 1:1 support to students.
- To liaise with the Pathways Co-ordinator, parents and carers and external agencies.
- To record delivery of interventions and provision to students
- To undertake any other duties relevant to the post and under the direction of the Headteacher.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for creating a clear and ambitious vision for the academic achievement and raising student aspirations.
- Ensuring that as part of the Pathways team appropriate tasks relate to the specified pupil e.g. preparation of equipment and resources.
- Develop a 1:1 supportive relationship aimed at achieving the goals described in the action plan.
- Act as a point of contact for families/carers and students receiving reintegration support, encouraging positive family involvement thus improving behaviour and learning.
- Carry out such duties as maybe required from time to time to meet the needs of Ramsden Hall Academy (RHA).
- Have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and to follow all associated Child Protection and Safeguarding policies as adopted by RHA.
- Carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post, in accordance with thePLT's Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety guidance and legislation.
- Promote the safeguarding of children/young persons.
- Use information technology systems as required to carry out the duties of the post in the most efficient and effective manner.
PLT is a Multi Academy Trust and Approved DfE Academy Sponsor; we are a forward thinking and innovative Alternative Education provider, whose main aim is to provide outstanding education for primary and secondary aged learners with a wide range of learning needs.
RHA is part of the Parallel Learning Trust (PLT), a multi academy trust in Lambeth and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils attending the school. As the duties of this post involves regular contact with children, any offer to the successful candidate will be conditional upon an Enhanced Disclosure being obtai
We look forward to speaking to you about a possible application, and showing you round on an informal visit Applications submitted on the school's application form will only be considered. Please take care to complete the application form in full as incomplete applications may not be considered. Application forms can be found on our website http://ramsdenhall.org.uk/vacancies. Completed applications should be sent to Jane Quilter.
ned via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Information about the School
Ramsden Hall Academy is a residential school for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH) based in Billericay, Essex.
The Academy was judged Good at its recent Ofsted inspection and is part of the Parallel Learning Trust, a Multi Academy Trust and DfE approved sponsor.