Download printable version
Up to L10 (£49,937)
Easter or September 2019
Are you looking for your next challenge?
We are looking for a Vice Principal to add to our leadership capacity, vision and expertise in delivering a remarkable education to the children of Hamford Primary Academy.
It's remarkable what a difference exceptional teaching and learning can make. Take KS1 as an example, it's no secret that having a clear focus and strategy for improvements across KS1 makes a huge difference to achievement overall across all key stages.
As a driven, focussed leader, your track record of improving results will make you perfect for this role. You will know clearly what the strategy looks like but more importantly you will be able to deliver the strategy to see marked improvements.
It's no small task, which is why you will have the full support of our Education team behind you. All in all it will enable you to successfully lead change to make the improvements necessary to drive up standards. And with this enable our students to 'find their remarkable'.
- Bring experience of driving and achieving impact through collaborative and inclusive communication
- Have strategic and tactical leadership whilst having the ambition and determination to help lead Hamford Primary Academy through its next stage of development.
- Believe in inclusion and achievement for all children
- Will embrace our whole school values of happy, helpful and honest
- Be committed to wanting the very best for our children
- Have a passion for learning and high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour
- Offer a wealth of experience across EYFS & KS1 Curriculums, both from a teaching, assessment and outcome focused perspective
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Be a strong team member who will work in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the wider community
- Be reflective and take responsibility for their own professional development
- The right candidate for the role will be non-class based but will have teaching responsibility across the school as deemed necessary by the Principal.
Hamford Primary Academy is part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) a network of over 60 primary, secondary and special academies.
- A caring academy with a strong ethos of inclusion and providing the best opportunities for our children
- A professional challenge
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role
- The chance to make a significant contribution to the future achievement and success of our academy
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That's why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
Prospective candidates are very welcome to visit or have an informal discussion about this role. Please email Chris JoyPrincipal@hamfordprimaryacademy.orgor Kevin Smith atsbm@hamfordprima ryacademy.orgor contact by phone on 01255 673415.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what's possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
Closing date:Friday 8 March 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Information about the School
Hamford Primary Academy serves the areas of Frinton-on-Sea and Walton-on-the-Naze. The school has very pleasant surroundings and at present we have 336 wonderful children on roll and we are expanding by the week!
Welcome to Hamford Primary Academy, a place that strives to ensure that children get the very best opportunities to achieve the highest possible outcomes and where high quality learning is at the heart of everything we do.
We are a vibrant school within the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) Group that is developing a curriculum relevant for the 21st Century. We place great emphasis on developing children’s character in order to prepare them for the challenges that lie ahead in both their education and life. We strive to allow our children to be responsible, be curious, be resilient, have integrity, be compassionate and be reflective. These are all crucial in developing an environment in which all children will develop independent, caring and confident personalities, aware of their own ‘sparks’ and of the most effective ways to further develop these.
Our vision is to inspire a culture of limitless learning and endless possibilities.
Our mission is to provide opportunities to challenge and be challenged.
Our values are happy because we are excited to learn, eager to explore and keen to meet a challenge; helpful because we encourage and support each other, welcome everyone and are a kind, caring community; honest because we tell the truth, play by the rules and be ourselves.
We promote passion, drive and a willingness to give the very best to ensure lifelong memories for our remarkable pupils.
If you would like to make an appointment to come and look round the academy, please contact Kevin Smith at email@example.com.