Download printable version
The children, staff and Governors of Stanway Fiveways Primary School are looking to appoint an exceptional new Headteacher to build upon the strong record of progress the school has achieved and who is willing to grasp an exciting opportunity to lead a growing, successful school.
We are looking for an inspirational leader with experience, vision and commitment to lead our dedicated team and build upon sound foundations laid by our current Headteacher.
Our school is set within the vibrant growing community of Stanway, Colchester in Essex and has recently expanded to a three form entry from September 2018 with a roll due to grow to 630.
Under the strong leadership of the Headteacher, Deputy and a committed team of staff, our school has established a culture of very high expectations which ensure our pupils learn, grow and achieve their potential in a safe, welcoming and happy community.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Has significant and successful senior leadership experience.
- Is committed to providing a rich and creative curriculum which inspires children to learn.
- Will insist on the highest quality and standards of teaching and learning.
- Will motivate all staff to develop their professional skills and experience.
- Can enthuse and engage parents and develop the good reputation of the school in the community.
- Will embrace our values and vision.
We are proud to offer:
- A salary range appropriate for the current size of our school with scope for progression as the school grows
- A calm and purposeful school, recently rated 'Good' by Ofsted who described the school as a place where 'lessons in a range of subjects are well planned and interesting making learning exciting for pupils' and where 'leaders, including governors, have an accurate understanding of how well the school is doing and what needs to be done next'
- A real sense of community with a culture of respect and shared values.
- Responsive, well-behaved and enthusiastic pupils who are eager to learn and who Ofsted said 'enjoy coming into school….are confident, caring and tolerant and know how to keep themselves safe'
- A team of committed, hardworking professionals and support staff providing an inclusive learning environment for all our pupils.
- A highly professional and energetic team with a proven track record of providing excellent support to SEN and Pupil Premium groups, who Ofsted said 'make good progress from their individual starting points'.
- An effective, supportive and committed governing body.
- Positive relationships with parents and the wider community.
- Strong professional links with other schools and the Local Authority.
Currently a Headteacher or an outstanding Deputy, you have a demonstrable track record of raising standards and the skills, experience and enthusiasm to lead a school, offering challenge and opportunity in equal measure with the drive and ambition to take our school from Good to Outstanding.
An innovative leader and a hands on operational manager, you possess a deep understanding of curriculum development and teaching and learning. You have the ability to galvanise and motivate staff and pupils, enthuse parents and carers and raise the profile of your school within its local community.
In return for your energy, integrity and enthusiasm, we offer you the opportunity to lead a popular, expanding and well-resourced school with fantastic children and excellent facilities for their age-ranges.
You are encouraged to visit our school where you will receive a warm welcome. Please contact Claire Sainsbury, School Business Manager to arrange a suitable visit time on 01206 574849.
Information about the School
Stanway Fiveways Primary School is situated on the outskirts of Colchester and is a school which is striving to become one of the leading schools in Essex.
We are committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to the receipt of satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS and qualifications check.
Visits to the school are very welcome and more information is available from the School Business Manager, Claire Sainsbury.