Download printable version
Head of School
Full time, permanent post
Leadership point 24 - 28 (£70,370- £77,613)
This is a genuinely excellent opportunity to join The Colne Community School and College at a time of change and progress, looking forward to a bright future.
In this newly created role, you will be running the day to day operations of the school, whilst supporting the Executive Headteacher in building a vision and ethos that will improve student outcomes and raise aspirations.
Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Work with the Executive Headteacher to set appropriate priorities for expenditure, allocation of funds and effective administration and control;
- present a coherent and accurate account of the school's performance in a form appropriate to the range of audiences, including governors, the LEA, the local community, OFSTED and others to enable them to play their part effectively;
- establish a system of recording, assessment and interventions so that the most appropriate decisions are taken with regard to the next step in a student's education;
- maintain a school environment and pastoral programme in which the needs and values of individual students are recognised and to implement a fully enriched PSHEE programme incorporating British Values and which also contributes positively towards student's spiritual, social, cultural and moral development;
The full details of the role, and the context in which the school is operating and this role has become available can be found in the documents attached below.
What we can offer you:
A competitive Salary;
employee benefits: Pension Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme;
a full continuous Professional Development Programme;
training Opportunities through the school's membership of The Sigma Trust.
We're looking for you if you have:
Successful experience of teaching and leading in a secondary school or academy;
the ability to articulate and share a new vision and ethos of the school;
- evidence of successful strategies for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating school improvement;
- financial understanding and/or management of budgets;
- a sense of purpose and ability to take personal initiative;
- a sensitive, flexible, open-minded and responsive attitude to working with others.
How to Apply:
Please complete the attached Sigma Trust application form and submit either via the TES website, or directly to the HR team firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting Ref 022
Closing Date for applications: Midnight, Wednesday 13th February 2019.
Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 14th and Friday 15th February 2019.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 27th and/or Thursday 28th February 2019.
Information about the School
We are a unique school and college where young people make real achievements. Our school understands and embraces the challenge of change, diversity and innovation and we are committed to developing teaching strategies which enable every student to be a successful learner. Our school is a learning environment that reflects the value we place on young people and their success to ensure that they grow into full participating citizens and have a real sense of their own worth.
The Colne Community School and College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.