Download printable version
Required: April 2019 or September 2019
The Governing Board of Oakwood Infant and Nursery School are looking to appoint a Deputy Head Teacher for our successful four form entry school. The preferred candidate will be an inspirational and motivational leader who, with the support of a dedicated staff team, will make decisions based on what is best for the children in our school.
Along with the Head Teacher, the Deputy Head Teacher will be centrally involved in the management of the school and will be responsible for raising standards, whilst managing classroom responsibilities. Our ideal candidate will be an outstanding teacher and a strategic leader, with a resilient character and a strong personal drive.
We are looking for someone who:
· has proven leadership experience
· demonstrates innovative and forward thinking ideas, while being able to build on the teaching and learning already present in the school
· has successfully led improvement which has resulted in raised attainment and accelerated progress
· demonstrates analytical and organisational skills and in partnership with the Head Teacher uses data to ensure pupil progress
· demonstrates an experience of working within a diverse community and has an understanding and respect of the challenges and
opportunities that this creates
This is an opportunity to:
· join a successful school, at an exciting time
· lead in a welcoming and inclusive school community
· be part of and lead a hardworking and committed staff
· work with an experienced and focused Governing Board
School visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact the school office on 01255 421168 and ask to speak to Mrs Langstone, Personnel and Finance Manager.
Information about the School
Oakwood Infant and Nursery School is a large, 4 form entry Infant and Nursery School in the seaside town of Clacton.