Download printable version
This is a fantastic opportunity for a suitably skilled and knowledgeable Science Technician to join a well-motivated and successful team within our highly successful Science Department. Applicants should have a minimum qualification of a Science Degree or relevant experience. We would prefer candidates to have excellent Science GCSEs and A-Levels and show aptitude across all three science disciplines.
This role is ideal for those seeking to join a highly successful school and work closely with our superb Head of Department who will line manage you in this role.
· This school is an Ofsted 'Outstanding' school and an exciting place to work.
· The school is a Church of England School
· The school is part of the Russell Education Trust
· Our Science results regularly place us in the top 5-10% of schools nationally.
· The school offers free on-site parking & a childcare voucher scheme.
· Preparation of resources, including assembling apparatus;
· Ensuring safe storage and transit of resources;
· Maintain the stock, labs and apparatus for classes to use;
· Run trials of experiments prior to classes and then demonstrate techniques for experiments to staff;
· Stock taking, ordering resources;
· Maintaining a healthy, safe and productive environment in the School's prep rooms and laboratories;
· Ensure that equipment is properly cleaned and that chemicals and other materials are appropriately stored;
· Help maintain a list of equipment and resources;
· Support the work of teachers in class and laboratory sessions;
· Give technical advice to students
· Supporting extracurricular activities;
· Contributing to the whole school ethos;
The basic working format of this role is full-time, Monday to Friday starting at 8am. It is a term-time position; however, we will discuss some holiday working with the successful candidate.
Candidates will need to be proactive, organised, tidy and a good communicator. The ideal applicants will have a strong track record of being responsible and diligent with an eye for detail.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and to equality of opportunity. Enhanced DBS clearance will be required. CVs alone will not be accepted. Appointment via an agency invitation will be reflected in the salary arrangements.
Information about the School
Please visit our website: www.becketkeys.org