Download printable version
TEACHER OF SCIENCE: ASPIRING LEADER
Required for September 2019
This is an exciting new role created to support teachers progress their career. Working closely with the Head of Science, the Aspiring Leader programme will include opportunities to:
- Deepen your understanding of leadership and develop your personal leadership skills and styles
- Learn how to lead a science department; creating a culture that supports outstanding learning and progress
- Develop strategies to engage students and to help them reach their potential
- Improve your skills in monitoring and evaluating the quality of teaching and learning within science including effective use of a range of data
- Develop and innovate curriculum resources and design
- Learn how to effectively manage staff, resources, security and safety
While the post will be permanent, the Aspiring Head of Science programme is for a fixed term of 2 years, attracting an allowance of up to £2550 per annum. The programme has been designed to provide the skills, knowledge and experience needed to allow successful candidates to apply for TLR positions in science within 2 years.
The successful candidate will be:
● committed to providing the very best learning opportunities for their students
● able to challenge all students to make exceptional progress
● a strong team player who forms excellent relationships with staff, parents and students
● willing to support the strong Catholic ethos of our college
We can offer you:
● a warm and welcoming college with excellent links to parish communities
● enthusiastic and well-behaved students who are eager to learn
● supportive, hardworking staff, governors and parents
● opportunities to further your professional development
We are a highly respected and over-subscribed Catholic college that Ofsted found to be outstanding in its commitment to the social, moral and spiritual development of all its students. Our recent section 48 inspection found the college to have many other areas of outstanding practice.
The governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all young people and expects all staff to share that commitment. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. Applications will only be accepted on the college application form.
We would be delighted to arrange an informal visit; please contact Mr Peter Jeffery, Head of Department for Science, on 01206 549222
Further details and an application pack are available on the college website, www.stbenedicts.essex.sch.uk or from Mrs Angela Jones, HR Administrator: telephone 01206 549222; fax 01206 579342; e-mail email@example.com.
Closing date: Midday on Thursday 24th January 2019. Interviews to be held on the 4th February 2019
Early applications are encouraged. If there is a sufficiently strong field, the college may choose to interview before the closing date.