Download printable version
HR and Personnel Administration Officer - 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time plus non Pupil Days). Band 3 to Mid Point (£15,864.40 - £17,452.36 Actual Salary)
We are seeking to appoint an efficient, highly organised and motivated individual to join our enthusiastic and friendly office team and take on the position of HR and Personnel Officer within our growing school of over 150 staff members. We are looking for someone who is able to work well under pressure and able to maintain and improve existing HR, personnel and recruitment processes.With the school due to be moving to a new site in September 2019, it's the ideal time to join us, with lots of exciting times ahead!
Lexden Springs is an inspiring school where no two days are ever the same (but a smile is always guaranteed!) which caters for pupils aged 3 - 19 who have complex learning difficulties (profound and multiple learning difficulties and severe learning difficulties) and those on the Autistic spectrum continuum.
We pride ourselves in having high quality and enthusiastic staff that encourage our pupils to achieve their fullest potential academically, socially, emotionally, physically, morally, spiritually and aesthetically, enabling each pupil to grow in confidence, and able to participate in the wider community. We support our staff in doing this by offering a high level of training and development throughout their time at Lexden Springs and encouraging them too to also reach their fullest potential.
Main areas of responsibility include:
- Co-ordinating the recruitment of staff under direction from Senior Leadership, including all relevant pre-employment checks
- Operating, maintaining and developing the administrative procedures related to staff absence including arranging cover
- Maintaining personnel records for all staff
- Updating staff payroll
We are ideally looking for someone who has;
- Experience and understanding of all of the relevant personnel and HR processes and systems within a busy school environment
- Experience of working with Capita SIMS and ePayroll (although training can be given)
- Is able to work well under pressure and is able to maintain an excellent professional working manner at all times
Our Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory medical checks, enhanced DBS clearance and references.
We highly encourage visits to the school, please contact the school to arrange a visit. Previous applicants need not apply.