Download printable version
Job Title: School Administrator and Receptionist
The Administrator's duties and responsibilities will include:
· Ensuring the provision of a pleasant reception as first point of contact for parents and visitors to the school.
· Deal with queries and provide information and advice about the school and school activities for parents, pupils and visitors both in person and by telephone.
· Maintain & update manual and computerised records/management information systems (SIMS)
· Provide routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, complete routine forms
· Contribute to the planning, development and organisation of meetings and timetabling events
· Analyse and evaluate data and produce reports data as required (SIMS)
· Undertake high levels of typing and word-processing
· Provide administrative and organisational support to head teacher.
· Provide First Aid to the children
· Book training courses and transport as directed by the Senior Leadership Team
· Manage administration of facilities including use of school premises.
· Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities
· Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
· Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals
· Sort and distribute mail
· To keep the school office and reception area as an orderly, pleasant and efficient working environment
· Previous SIMS experience including Admissions - Essential
· Previous school based office experience
· Proficient in using IT systems, including Microsoft Windows and Office packages
· GCSE qualification, Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics.
· A willingness to participate in and a commitment to training and professional development
· First Aid Certificate
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Good interpersonal skills
· Confident user of ICT
· Flexibility and ability to adapt
· Proactive rather than reactive and willing to seek advice and support where necessary
· Good planning and organisational skills
· Ability to prioritise workload and meet exacting deadlines
· Demonstrate discretion and sensitivity when dealing with issues concerning staff, stakeholders and the wider community
· Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative
Visits to the school are welcomed before applying for this post. Please call for an appointment.