Download printable version
Welcoming, friendly, calm, well organised, and energetic? Already an experienced administrator? Looking to excel in a rewarding environment and develop further?... Is that you???
We need someone who is all of these (and more!!) to join our supportive and busy school team in the very varied role as a Finance & Admin Assistant.
Experience of school management information systems (SIMS/FMS) and current/previous working within a school office would be advantageous (but is not essential).
35 hours per week (Mon-Fri, 8.30 - 4.30). Term Time (38 weeks) plus 5 Non-Pupil days and 5 days working during school holidays.
The appointed person will:
- have an extremely flexible and adaptable approach to changing needs during the day and be always willing to go the 'extra mile'.
- show patience, understanding and enthusiasm to our children.
- uphold a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- have the ability to undertake a variety of tasks, often all at the same time!
- have a friendly disposition and a good sense of humour.
- be an efficient, friendly and cheerful point of contact for our parents, staff and visitors in our school office.
- have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- have strong organisational and IT skills.
- display a positive and professional attitude and the ability to use initiative, prioritise tasks and work calmly and accurately under pressure to meet deadlines.
- have excellent interpersonal and numeracy/literacy skills.
- undertake pupil-related duties, inc. first aid/general welfare support.
In return, we can offer you:
- a welcoming and friendly working environment in a newly built school office.
- the support of our SLT, staff and governors.
- delightful, well behaved and polite children.
- a forward thinking, proactive and well-resourced school where everyone is valued.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school and visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact Paul Smith, School Business Manager, to arrange this.
The school's Governing Body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. All staff are expected to share this commitment. The successful person will undergo pre-employment checks which include references, right to work in UK, DBS checks and a declaration that neither they nor anyone they live with is a disqualified person under the Childcare Regulations.
Information about the School
Visitors to Somers Heath always comment on the calmness and politeness of our children and the large classrooms! We are a town school with a village school feel. Teachers who come to Somers Heath usually stay for many years. We are in the middle of an exciting phase following the expansion of our school to provide two classes across all years. We hope you would like to be part of this process.
In February 2016 we had a very successful Ofsted inspection.