Download printable version
** PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT RE-APPLY **
Required: As Soon as Possible
15 hours per week initially (Mon - Fri. 3 hours per day), increasing to 25 hours per week (Mon - Fri. 5 hours per day) Term time only.
We are seeking to appoint a skilled and experienced Teaching Assistant to work closely with a child who has additional needs. The applicant appointed to this Learning Support role will have a proven track record of successfully working with young children with Special Education Needs. (Applicants without this will not be considered.) They will have high expectations and show they can enable individuals to achieve their potential and make good progress.
We are particularly looking for someone who:
· Has had additional training and experience of work with pupils with SEND.
· Can demonstrate this sound knowledge through real examples of work with, for example, Speech and Language, Autistic Spectrum Disorders or pupils who have challenging behaviour.
· Is a creative, enthusiastic and energetic practitioner and a real team player.
· Can communicate with pupils, staff and parents effectively, both verbally and in a written form.
· Is someone who can use agreed teaching and learning strategies consistently, yet also respond to educational needs in the 'here and now' to enhance learning opportunities within a lesson.
This appointment is a for a permanent position.
In return, we can offer you:
- the support of our SLT, staff and governors
- delightful children who are well behaved and eager to learn
- professional development opportunities
- a well-resourced school where everyone is valued
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact our School Business Manager to arrange to come and see us.
Somers Heath Primary School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and expect staff to share this commitment. The successful person will undergo pre-employment checks which include references, right to work in UK, DBS checks and a declaration that neither they nor anyone they live with is a disqualified person under the Childcare Regulations.
Information about the School
Visitors to Somers Heath always comment on the calmness and politeness of our children and the large classrooms! We are a town school with a village school feel. Teachers who come to Somers Heath usually stay for many years. We are in the middle of an exciting phase following the expansion of our school to provide two classes across all years. We hope you would like to be part of this process.
In February 2016 we had a very successful Ofsted inspection.